Mandatory before starting
This is the last step of your setup. Before this step, make sure you have:
- Completed the activation of your data stream for all apps concerned
- Integrated one SDK in at least one app
- Add creatives to the apps you want to promote
- Define your targeting list
When it’s all done, you’re up to activate cross promotion in that part of the platform.
Setting up promoted apps
To activate cross-promotion, you must first have your data stream status activated.
List of different status for cross promotion
All cross-promotion setup will be done with the button on the right side:
Here, you have 3 options:
- Edit cross-promotion: Set up the app sources and creative management
- Launch cross-promotion: Activate cross-promotion in all source apps selected
Launch cross-promotion will stay gray as long as setup is not complete. Remember to:
- Have a source app (ad publisher)
- Optional: Upload creatives. Per default, a native banner format will be displayed.
This step is mandatory before activating a cross-promotion campaign.
Set up the tracking links
We will need to have tracking links for impressions and clicks, this will enable clicks & impression counting on Adikteev and MMP side. You can choose your MMP to do an automatic generation with all necessary macros:
- For Appsflyer MMP: Automatic generation
- For Adjust MMP: We need to add the tracker token that will be provided in your Adjust dashboard in the integration you made for Adikteev (this is at least 6 alphanumeric characters tracker token)
See the documentation here: https://help.adjust.com/en/article/tracker-urls#adjust-tracker-token
- For custom integration you can set your own tracking link. However be careful with the formatting so that macros will fit with ours.
- For now, we support the following macros, for both AF and Adjust:
source_app_id, source_app_name, gaid, idfv, timestamp, promoted_app_id, promoted_app_name, targeted_user_base_percentage, attribution_id, creative_format, creative_type, creative_name, creative_id, creative_orientation, device_ip_address, device_os_version, device_language, device_model, country_code
Set up the source apps for the promotion
You can set up the app in which this app will be promoted:
- All apps that have their data stream activated and API key generated can be selected
- Other apps will be in gray
- You must save the changes so they will be applied
⚠️ Only apps from the same OS will be enabled here as you cannot promote cross OS.
Check creative format and Ads displayed
The list of creatives will appear at the end of the page. These will be creative that will match with the asset display in the ads.
Before launching your cross-promotion campaign, ensure that:
- The data stream is activated for all apps (source or promoted)
- The SDK is installed for all source apps where you want to display promotions
- The API key is activated for those apps
- You've linked all your source apps to the promoted app
- Optional: you can setup creatives in order to have personalized content (if you do not, you will have a standard banner)
If everything is set up correctly, you can activate your cross-promotion campaign:
Once your cross-promotion campaign is live, promotion is ready to go and you’ll be able to follow your impressions and performance in your analytics tool.
You can check if the campaign is live with the following status in the apps list: